Where possible, Wagonga Coffee endeavors to minimise waste and our impact on the environment.
In our roasting operations the chaff collected by the roaster is collected and goes into ACT government©s green waste collection centres.
The coffee sacks our green beans come in are given away to patrons and staff for use as garden matting, green waste bags, framing and even for kids sack races at a local pre school.
Used coffee grounds are used by staff, patrons and some food growers as compost and a natural bug deterrent (excellent in keeping snails off your tomatoes).
All recyclable packaging is collected and deposit at recycling centres.
Where possible we use clean, recycled cardboard boxes for our packaging.
For our coffee carts all recyclables (carton, cups paper etc) are collected and placed in recycling bins.
- Our cups are recyclable as they are made from paper.
- The cup lids are made from a recyclable plastic.
- The wooden stirrers are Australian made from recyclable plantation timber, managed by the Queensland Forestry Commission.
- The sugar is Australian Bundaberg sugar and the paper sachets are recyclable.
- KeepCups are Australian made from a non toxic recyclable polypropylene.
- We encourage our patrons to reuse the air valve coffee packs they have bought coffee in by bringing them back for refills. We give them a discount for doing so.
- Carry bags are made from a biodegradable plastic
We source and use cleaning products that are certified as being environmentally friendly.
We use freight companies which use Chep pallet exchange programs to reduce the wastage of timber in single use pallets.
Wagonga Coffee is a certified producer of Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance coffees. We promote both these organisations and their environmentally friendly practices.
We have an extensive range of certified organic coffee which we promote to minimise the use of chemicals and encourage sustainable farming methods.